Monday, September 30, 2013

Independent Blog (September)

The Tear in my Knee

On September 25, 2013 I got injured while doing taekwondo.  As I was doing a flying kick I landed incorrectly on my right leg and the the bone popped in and out.  I couldn't put any weight on my right leg so I knew this was a pretty serious injury. There is actually a long process for identifying an injury.  First I had to go to Urgent Care where they checked  my injury.  They then sent me to get an X-Ray of both of my knees to compare the good knee with the bad one.  After I went back to Urgent Care where they brought an Sports Doctor.  He did a quick test called the Lachman Test to see what sort of injury I had.  He told me that I had a tear on one of the ligaments in my knees.  The next day I went to Orthopedics so that I could find out where I had the tear and how severe it was.  The doctor told me that it was a 90% chance that I had a tear in my ACL that was 5-7mm deep.  It came as quite a shock to me, he told me that I wouldn't be able to do any sports for the next 8 months at the very least.  I am currently doing my best to strengthen my knee as much as possible before the surgery that is scheduled in December, however I hope that I will be able to do it sooner.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I guess this will make your topic choice even more useful, but what a bummer!

    ReplyDelete