Sunday, November 3, 2013

Independent Blog Post (October)

Prehabilitation
 For the past couple of weeks I have been going to Physical Therapy to prepare my knee for the surgery that is coming up, December 19.  The first thing that they did was to measure the flexion and extension of my injured knee, and compared it to my normal knee.  The reason that they do this is to see how bad the injury is and how many degrees I need to get my injured knee to normal.  We started with about 10 minutes of bicycling to warm up the knee, it was then followed up by wall squats and lunges and step ups.  For some reason the exercises made my leg really tired.  There has been a lot of improvement overall of my injured knee, and is almost the same as my regular knee.  I have one more prehab session and I am going to meet with my doctor before the surgery date.

No comments:

Post a Comment